Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Want to make different flavors in one batch?

Hi guys, many of you know that my recipes that I give out are usually too big for anyone to eat by themselves for just one flavor. Of course I usually never make my recipes that big unless someone wants to order 24 of them. I split them up either into 1/2's, 1/3's, or 1/4's of a recipe. That way I can make a full batch but have up to 4 flavors. The way you do this is very simple, some of you may have figured it out already.

For two flavors, you would do my usual recipe, but you split it in half. If you're making mango for example, you split my mango recipe in half. So the recipe would look like this:



75g almond flour
68g powdered sugar
7g freeze dried mangoes
25g egg whites
pinch of salt

And you put this in one bowl.

For another flavor, for example red velvet, you would split my red velvet recipe in half as well. So the recipe would look like this:



75g almond flour
73g powdered sugar
4g cocoa powder
25g egg whites
pinch of salt

And you put this in another bowl.

For the meringue, you would make it as normal, but instead of putting the whole meringue in one bowl, you divide the meringue into two portions: 80g and 80g. The total weight of the meringue is 160g or so, so just weigh your bowls, tare it, and then put in 80g of meringue. Then bake as normal!:)

For three flavors in one batch, you would do my usual recipe, but split it in thirds. So if you're making three flavors: mint chip, red velvet, and mango, the recipe would look like this split in three bowls:

50g almond flour
50g powdered sugar
17g egg whites
small amount of mint extract
pinch of salt

50g almond flour
47g powdered sugar
5g freeze dried mangoes
17g egg whites
pinch of salt

50g almond flour
48g powdered sugar
2g cocoa powder
17g egg whites
pinch of salt

Make the meringue as usual, and weigh out 55g meringue for each one.

Simple, right? And for four flavors, just split the half recipe in half. :) So you would be making about 38g almond flour, 38g powdered sugar, and about 12-13g egg whites. And for meringue, it would be 40g.


Hope you find this useful!:D

14 comments:

  1. Hello Natalie, can you tell how to adjust the recipes to make mocha macaroons? Should i reduce the almond flour or the icing sugar to add the coffee powder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie! I had tried and tried the french method several times, sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. Today I tried your italian method recipe et voila! perfect macarons. However, towards the third batch I made (the first two I cut the recipe in half like you said, the third I cut it in the third part) my red velvet had little feet, and after 17 min in the oven at 300F they were still undercooked. Left them for 2 min more and they still wouldn't cook perfectly so that I could have a flat bottom. Do you have any advise? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe you undermixed it? haha glad you liked the recipe :)

      Delete
  3. Hi!
    How do you separate the eggwhites into exact quantities?
    If one egg's eggwhite is 28grams..I find it very difficult (altmost impossible) to separate it into 2x14grams.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....dear...you are brilliant. ...thanks for your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalie! I tried using 2 flavors for one batch but my second flavor ended up dry by the time I finished mixing and piping the first flavor! This caused the second flavor to be incredibly thick and hard to pipe out even when I tried to mix it again. They ended up cracking. How do you avoid this? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made these last night and they were perfect! I only tried one, the rest are in the freezer but I'm bringing them out and sharing today. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to try this out with flavors strawberry, chocolate, and red velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I want to learn the art of macarons...can you possibly tell me the conversions of the splitting of the batters in cups, tablesppons, teaspoons etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. IDK why it put me as "unknown" I commented as my email name :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just purchased your recipe book and I LOVE it! I have never made macarons before but I am excited to try! Question: what do you mean by “flattening the dry ingredients” on page 10?? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for writing such a good article, I stumbled onto your blog and read a few post. I like your style of writing...
    How long does it take for CBD gummies to start working?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a nice post!!! Thanks for sharing useful information through this blog. I really love to read your post. If you own a restaurant, you can quickly register your business and upload a menu to begin accepting online orders for free through this rapidly expanding site

    ReplyDelete